Saturday, September 22, 2007

MeetUp.Com

MeetUp.com is a great place to meet people, either via email or in person at events in the area. I came across the site when I did a Google search one day, just looking for someone to hang out with in Kansas City.


I had called several of my friends to see if they wanted to go to a ZZ Top concert with me and everyone was doing some family thing or another. Many times friends invite me to attend their family functions, parties, cookouts -- some even say I'm the "life of the party", but for this particular event almost everyone seemed to be busy. Darn it, I really wanted to go see ZZ Top, but didn't want to go alone.


Anyhoo, for some reason I was dying to go to this concert so I turned to my very best friend (the Internet) for answers. Surely there was a group of fun people out there in KC who might be going to the concert.



What I found was nothing short of astounding. MeetUps in Kansas City have thousands of members, 275 top interests, 10 groups with over 200 members each, and so much to choose from! I thought I actually found heaven! I now belong to four MeetUp groups and have met some really great people. I'm "hooked into" the community and doing some worthwhile volunteer work with my MeetUp buddies.

This MeetUp.Com site thing ROCKS!



By the way, I felt it a bit early to wrangle anyone from my new MeetUp groups into going to ZZ Top with me, but my sister and I ended up going together and we had a KILLER time. More on that later...

No comments: